Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Review - GFB Oatmeal Raisin


Brand:  The Gluten Free Bar
Flavor:  Oatmeal Raisin
Where to get it: here @ theglutenfreebar.com

                I was expecting this to taste like an oatmeal cookie (wishful thinking, I know), but I would say it tasted like the “essence” of an oatmeal cookie. Let me explain. It lacked the “oaty-ness” of an oatmeal cookie, but all of the other components were there. It was sweet, like molasses and brown sugar, and had a lot of good cinnamon and nutmeg taste. Lots of carbs (29g), but also a good amount of protein (12g) considering that this is a vegan snack. Yay for the creatures! At 190 calories, this seems like the perfect between-lunch-and-dinner buddy to have in your bag. Full disclosure:  I am really thinking about how good this bar would taste if I used it instead of a spoon with a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
                 
               

Tastes like:  A nice cinnamon cookie bar
Taste rating:  8/10
Qualities:  Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, Non-GMO, Kosher

What’s in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment