Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Review - Raw Rev Glo Creamy Peanut Butter & Sea Salt Bar


Brand:  Raw Rev Glo
Flavor:  Creamy Peanut Butter & Sea Salt
Where to get it:   

                 Dear Barmakers, The World ‘Round:  Stop it with the pictures. Just stop. You’re getting yourself an initial, one-bar sale due to the picture on the wrapper. Then, when I find out that the product tastes nothing like what’s on the wrapper, I a) never buy it again, b) recommend it to no one, and c) rant about it in cyberspace.
                I find this increasingly problematic when your bar doesn’t actually taste BAD, it just doesn’t taste like you lead me to believe it was going to. So now I’m let down by your product, when I may have been like, ehhh, that was a decent bar. NO MORE!
                 The picture on this wrapper COULD NOT BE MORE APPETIZING to me. A glob of peanut butter with salt crystals the size of corn kernels? GET IN ME. The problem here is…the bar actually tastes like a glob of natural, unsalted peanut butter. Now, that’s not a yucky flavor, but come on. You built me up so well, then fed me a brick of peanut sawdust. This does not please me. (The ingredients on this are pretty great though, I will grudgingly add.)
               

Tastes like:  Unsalted peanut butter
Taste rating:  4/10
Qualities:  Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Kosher, vegetarian, vegan

What’s in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment