Thursday, July 2, 2015

Review - Quest Cravings Protein Peanut Butter Cups


Brand:  Quest Cravings
Flavor:  Protein Peanut Butter Cups
Where to get it: here @ QuestNutrition.com

                One of my favorite foods of all time is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They’re not healthy, they’re full of weird stuff, and…I’m diabetic. They’re not supposed to be in my life. In walk these Quest peanut butter cups like, “What up, I got 1g of sugar babe.” Okay! Upon first glance at the label, I was shocked. These have MORE grams of fat in them than Reese’s, and about the same amount of calories. Yikes. Okay, that’s fine, they are supposed to be a treat. Right? Plus, there are 20g of protein in them and hardly any refined sugars. Right? Well, the problem is…SOMEHOW, despite there being *17* grams of fat in these babies, they are dry AF. I don’t understand how this is scientifically possible. Aside from the dryness, the chocolate is VERY bitter, I assume to make up for the sugar-alcohol sweetness overload that is becoming Quest’s signature move.
                Final word:  file these under “too good to be true”. Drink a shake that you like instead.
                 
               

Tastes like:  Bitter peanut dust
Taste rating:  4/10
Qualities:  Vegetarian


What’s in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment