Thursday, May 12, 2016

Review - Go Veggie! Dairy Free Parmesan


Brand:  Go Veggie
Flavor:  Grated Parmesan-Style Topping
Where to get it: here @ Amazon.com

                I have quite a few vegan friends, and almost unanimously they will tell you that the hardest thing to stop eating is cheese. Fortunately there are a ton of dairy-free cheese alternatives on the market now – some pretty good, some terrible, but none completely indistinguishable from their milky counterparts.
                This parmesan alternative is thisclose. If you put on a pile of noodles with red sauce, I bet most people wouldn’t know the difference between this and the parmesan that comes in that green can. It’s just a teensy bit less salty, but to me that was really the only difference. Plus, I knew going into it that this wasn’t traditional parmesan. I wonder if I would have been able to tell if I hadn’t have known ahead of time? Maybe…but maybe not.
               
Tastes like:  Less salty parmesan cheese
Taste rating:  8/10
Qualities:  vegetarian, vegan, Non-GMO, gluten free

What’s in it:    



No comments:

Post a Comment