Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: Go Vida Dragon Fruit & Dulce de Leche


Brand:  Go Vida
Flavor:  Dragon Fruit & Dulce de Leche
Where to get it: here @ Go Vida Foods

                This past summer I had my first ever fresh dragon fruit. They are pretty uncommon in the Pacific Northwest, and when you can find them they are very expensive. I shared one with a friend when I was in California (she had never had one either, we had a moment), and it still cost $6 for a single fruit. My thoughts on the fresh fruit were, “Wow, it’s so pretty! But it mostly tastes like a kiwi, which are about 50 cents.”
The freeze-dried version is actually BETTER than the fresh fruit, in my opinion, and a lot more portable. My only complaint is that there wasn’t more of it in the pack, but again, dragon fruit is expensive as hell so I can’t really blame Go Vida. The dulce de leche pieces are interesting, they taste a little like caramel meringues. I could take them or leave them, but they do add more substance to the precious few pieces of the dragon fruit in the pack. All in all, I deem this snack innovative and very delicious. I’ll be on the prowl for more of it.
               

Tastes like:  Freeze-dried fruit, but like…better
Taste rating:  10/10
Qualities:  Gluten-free, no artificial ingredients, vegetarian


What’s in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment