Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: Field Trip Beef Jerky


Brand:  Field Trip
Flavor:  Original Beef Jerky
Where to get it: here @ Field Trip Jerky

                I’m “MSG intolerant”. It gives me a headache, racing heartbeat, and flushed cheeks. It’s bad. Every once in a while I’ll cave and eat some Top Ramen just to see if it still makes me feel horrible - and it always does. (Please don’t hold my love for Top Ramen against me. Because college.) If you don’t already know, I looooove salty things. Too much. Ergo, I am a big fan of beef jerky. Something you might not realize if MSG doesn’t make you feel like your face is on fire is that almost all beef jerky has MSG as an added ingredient – not just from the soy sauce, but as an actual additive. 
              There are more and more brands leaving it out now with people being more conscious of eating natural, but I have liked exactly ONE brand of MSG-free jerky before I tried Field Trip. (Tillamook - you can check them out here.) It just never tastes right without it, but Field Trip has it NAILED. I honestly couldn’t even tell the difference between this jerky and the jerky of my carefree childhood. I gobbled my little 1 oz. package of original flavor, and went straight to their website to order the Teriyaki, Honey Spice, and Roasted Sesame flavors. They have a couple other flavors as well, but they sounded too spicy for this wimp. Huge, huge, huge fan of this stuff.
                 
               

Tastes like:  Beef jerky that has MSG in it, but this doesn’t!
Taste rating:  10/10
Qualities:  All-natural, Gluten-Free

What’s in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment