Thursday, July 24, 2014

Have mercy on my soul, I'm doing a 3-day juice fast!



I hit a weight-loss plateau about 3 months ago, and I’ve tried a lot of things to bust through it – to largely no avail. I read this article about a lovely gal from Britain who is also a type 1 diabetic, and she had a very successful and fulfilling 3-day juice fast. The company she used is overseas from me, so I set out to find an affordable alternative in America. I actually found Jus by Julie because there was a Groupon for it. This led me to their website, which is awesome. They also have a ton of good Yelp reviews, so I decided this was the way to go.


I’ve never done something like this before, and I’m pretty nervous. I had dreams about it all last night, and slept like poo. I’m not really sure why I have so much anxiety, I chose to do this, no one’s making me, and I can quit on it if I really want to. But still. The most challenging this is going to be balancing my insulin intake, because a few hypoglycemic incidents WILL sabotage this in a hurry. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment