Friday, September 26, 2014

Review: Flap Jacked Protein Pancake Mix


Brand:  Flap Jacked
Flavor:  Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
Where to get it: here @ Flap Jacked


                Being a type 1 diabetic, I think I can appreciate the difference in this pancake mix more than your average Jane. If I ate pancakes made with a typical mix, the spike in my blood sugar would be immediate and quite prolonged if I didn’t preload with a bit of extra insulin. I don’t WANT to take extra insulin on purpose unless I’m at a party, and there’s CAKE. After I ate this mix, even with REGULAR syrup (I just can’t with the sugarless syrup), my blood sugar was just as fine as if I had eaten a breadless breakfast, like I normally do. So, this mix is basically amazing.
                But how does it taste, dude? If it tastes like crap, we don’t really care if it makes you blood sugar levels happy. Well, put your caring pants on, internets, because it tastes pretty much like pancakes. The texture was a little less cake-y, which I actually preferred. And I cooked these mofos PERFECTLY too, so I feel like I got a really good sample-set. The batter smells a little strange, but the taste was quite good. I put Land O’ Lakes light whipped butter and Eggo syrup on mine. (I know, it’s not even real syrup. I just can’t let some things from my childhood go, stop judging me!)
                I have already purchased more of this mix, and plan on using it exclusively when I want pancakes. The Buttermilk flavor could be easily added to with fruit or PB2 or what have you. They also have an apple cinnamon mix that I’m dying to try, as well as a banana hazelnut one. Thanks, Flap Jacked, I’m so totally in! 
               

Tastes like:  Pancakes that don’t make you feel like you ate a lump of dough
Taste rating:  10/10
Qualities:  Vegetarian, Made in the USA, No artificial ingredients


What’s in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment