Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: Primal Strips Meatless Jerky



Brand:  Primal Strips
Flavor:  Hickory Smoked & Texas BBQ
Where to get it: here @ FakeMeats.com


                Can we talk about texture for just a moment? Sometimes, things taste good, but they have an unbearable texture. That would be clams in white wine and butter sauce for me. I adore seafood, but I just can’t with clams and oysters, for textural reasons. I know soy is a wonder when it comes to making meatless products, but I still didn’t expect the texture of these Primal Strips Meatless Vegan Jerky snacks to be so completely on-the-money. IT’S CRAZY. It’s just like beef or turkey jerky, but not quite as hard to pull apart, tooth-wise. I guess that means it actually has BETTER texture. I could not have predicted this. Low-calorie and lots of good soy protein too, and they actually taste pretty darn good. They were a little sweet to me, more like a teriyaki than a BBQ/smoke flavor, but I definitely didn’t feed any of these to the dogs, much to their dismay.
               

Tastes like:  A less-dry, teriyaki beef jerky
Taste rating:  7.5/10
Qualities:  Gluten free, Non GMO, Kosher, Vegetarian, Vegan


What’s in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment