Friday, December 19, 2014

Review: Charmed Bar


Brand:  Charmed Bar
Flavor:  Cashew Butter Apple-rageous
Where to get it: here @ Charmed Bar

                No matter how hard I try not to be, I am majorly seduced by presentation when it comes to food packaging. When I saw these Charmed Bars, my eyes glazed over a little, and I looked upon the brightly-colored, somewhat bewitching packaging with a fever that almost made me drool a little until I remembered to close my mouth. The major problem is that…we don’t EAT the packaging. So there’s that. Fortunately for me, these bars are really tasty. I haven’t eaten the Peanut Butter Cherry-licious one yet, but the Cashew Butter Apple-rageous one was really, really good.
                The bar almost looks…wet (for lack of a better word) through the packaging, but don’t be afraid, it’s just some of the moist apple goodness shining through, and it wasn’t texturally strange at all. The flavor was great, the size was great, this is a perfect 3pm-rooting-through-my-desk-drawers kind of snack. They have some calories and fat in them that shouldn’t be taken lightly, but I work out after work so this is the kind of afternoon snack I need between lunch and hitting the gym, and then eating dinner. Plus all those calories and all that fat come from things that actually grown on this planet, and none of those things are grains. Win!
                 

Tastes like:  A moist & fruity cookie-bar
Taste rating:  9/10
Qualities:  Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, Made in the USA, Kosher

What’s in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment