Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: Dixie Carb Counters Skinni Spaghetti


Brand:  Dixie Carb Counters
Flavor:  Skinni Spaghetti
Where to get it: here @ Netrition.com


                I have been a MUCH happier dieter since I discovered that there was such a thing as “protein noodles”. I’m working my way through all the different kinds I’ve found to nail down a favorite, but any way to eat something that actually tastes like traditional spaghetti without all those nasty carbs is okay with this girl. Dixie Carb Counters Skinni Spaghetti is made from soybeans, and I didn’t like it as much as I did the Explore Asia noodles made from mung beans. If you get too big of a mouthful, you can really taste the bean flavor with these noodles. It’s not a deal-breaker, but I definitely recommend using a lot of pasta sauce and chunky ingredients to help cover up the fact that it’s not wheat-based pasta you’re shoveling down.
               

Tastes like:  Bland-ish noodle-shaped beans (smother these in sauce & veggies)
Taste rating:  6/10


What’s in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment