Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Glorious Chobani Greek Yogurts


Brand:  Chobani Greek yogurt
Flavor:  Various
Where to get it: Your local grocery store, but their site is http://www.chobani.com/


                I’ll just come right out and say it:  I love everything Chobani does. The Greek yogurt market has EXPLODED in the US in the last 2ish years, and if I’m awarding the crown, I am giving it to Chobani without extra time in the deliberation room. For one, it’s available in almost any grocery store - unlike some other “highly recommended” Greek yogurts. If I have to drive 2 hours to find a store that sells “the best” Greek yogurt, it’s not the best. Maybe it’s good, but I need access, man!
Chobani also impresses me for their variety. 0%, 2%, 100-calorie, and now they have a line with steel-cut oats already mixed in (!). My person and I saw the latter option in the store for the first time about 2 weeks ago and looked at each other skeptically. We each bought one container, thinking “eh, this is probably going to be a disaster.” It wasn’t. It was delicious. We went back to the store THAT NIGHT to get more. The apple and banana are my favorite oat ones (he fancies the blueberry), and they have comparable calories (160 vs 140) to their 0% and 2% lines. Ever calorie-counting, I more often eat from the 100-calorie line, and still get *12* grams of protein. 12 grams in 100 calories?? Fantastic job, Chobani. I’m yours.
               

Tastes like:  A tastier way to get protein than about 90% of protein powders on the market
Taste rating:  10/10
Qualities:  All natural, Gluten free, Kosher, Vegetarian

What’s in it: Depends on flavor/line.

Blackberry 0%:

Banana Maple w/ Steel Cut Oats:





No comments:

Post a Comment